Soft Landing Acceleration
Spring 2024 Program Applications Now Open
Applications for our Spring 2024 cohort are now open! Our 10-week Soft-Landing program runs from March to May 2024, and focuses on growth-stage, B2B international startups that are using technology to solve global challenges, and are looking to expand and scale in the US Market. This program is custom-made with insightful & inspiring learning sessions facilitated by industry experts, serial entrepreneurs, and investors. If you’re interested in applying, go ahead and click the link below!
Our 10-week US Soft Landing program is custom-made with insightful & inspiring learning sessions facilitated by industry experts, serial entrepreneurs, and investors.
Mentorship & Community
Gain access to our extensive network of serial entrepreneurs, industry experts, and corporate leaders who are all committed to your company’s success. Our cohort companies work 1:1 with a Lead Mentor, along with 10-15 specialists, to design, iterate, and execute their US Roadmap and G2M strategies.
Supercharge your growth
Build and refine your go-to-market strategy with the help of NYC’s top industry experts. Develop, adapt, and test your assets, and get in the room with the people who are going to help you take your business to the next level.
Become a local
Develop your advisor and mentor network and integrate seamlessly into a network of NYC’s most influential entrepreneurs, investors, and business leaders.
Depending on your startup’s stage and size, you will be selected for either our growth-stage or early-stage track. Both programs run in tandem, with a targeted curriculum and 1:1 support dictated by each startup’s unique needs and roadmap.
Set-up & Immersion
Program orientation, US set-up, and foundational learning sessions.
Adapting your story, G2M strategy, and assets for the US market.
Emphasis on warm introductions to potential clients, partners and investors.
What to Expect
Over the course of these intensive 10 weeks, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with, and receive product feedback from, senior executives from VCs and Fortune 500 companies
- Leverage WEVE’s 600+ mentor network of industry experts and serial entrepreneurs.
- Pitch to and network with potential investors and decision makers from top VCs
- Participate in weekly workshops and learning sessions facilitated by industry experts
If selected, at least one founder of the company must commit to participating regularly in the program. While all group sessions and workshops are optional, it is imperative that at least one founder attends the weekly 1-hour Lead Mentor meeting and any subsequent 1:1 investor and/or BD meetings.
- Access to the US Market- NYC is ranked #2 globally for startup output, with over 9K startups, 200+ coworking spaces and 100+ accelerators. NYC’s startup ecosystem is valued at $71B, and is currently #1 globally in funding availability and quality.
- Mentorship & Tailored Learning- Our startups leverage our large network of top entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors. In addition to weekly learning sessions by our mentors, each startup is matched with 1 Lead Mentor, selected based on their specific priorities and industry, as well as 10-15 specialist mentors throughout the program.
- Office Space & Perks- Although WEVE is now virtual-first, during the program, startups have access to co-working spaces throughout NYC which also serve as their US business address. In addition, startups have access to over $1M in perks from partners and service providers.
We run three Soft Landing Programs each year. Selection is conducted with the help of our partners and mentors. We typically review ~150 applications for each cohort, and select 6-8 startups.
Our selection process consists of:
- Online application form (only complete applications will be reviewed)
- Initial selection call with the Program Manager
- Second-round call with Program Director
- Evaluation by a team of mentors
- 1:1 interviews and a pitch session
Since the startups we support have often already raised institutional rounds of funding or participated in early stage accelerator programs, we charge a flat-fee of $30k, rather than an equity model. In certain cases, we allow companies to join the program for a lower flat fee and a percentage of warrants (1-3%).
Growth-stage startups often prefer to avoid additional entities on their cap table. However, for early-stage startups, we offer a lower flat fee mixed with a percentage of warrants (1-3%) on a case-by-case basis.
No, startups are welcome to join the program remotely from wherever they are in the world. That said, we also offer a hybrid option for startups who would like to come to NYC.
If you or anyone on your team requires a visa (that is not ESTA) for their stay in New York, we recommend starting your visa application procedures as soon as your participation in the program is confirmed. We can introduce you to immigration agents that previous startups have worked with, or direct you to the relevant public institution for further assistance. We are also happy to provide invitation letters and any other documentation you may need.
While our program is currently remote, all startups are welcome to come to New York, and have coworking access at WeWork.
NUMA offers revenue-generating startups a clear path to success via US expansion, backed up by a wealth of practical solutions, contacts and knowledge about US market entry that is well planned and executed throughout.
"We received the right amount of mentorship and an amazing network that cut our time to establish our US entity in half!”
"The WEVE program was amazing for us. We had the chance to be with other companies aiming to expand into the US and got amazing inside information for the growth of our company. The mentors were top level and we still have a strong bond with the WEVE team"